Preparing for Interviews? Mistakes that you need to avoid..
Job Interview preparations Tips & Techniques
Interview is the face to face interaction between two parties where the interviewer tries to judge the suitability of the interviewee for the given job profile by asking him/her series of questions and judging them on the basis of different aspects. This the deciding factor whether the candidate can get in the company or not. Hence the candidate needs to follow some concrete tips to outshine in the process of interview:
Confused? Let us help you!
1. The candidate needs to make a thorough research of the company he is appearing for the interview. He should have a thorough and detailed study of the company, way of functioning, objectives, visions etc.
2. He should also try to find some details about the people in the interview panel if he gets to know who he will be facing in the interview.
3. The candidate should try to prepare for some commonly asked questions in the interview so that he gets a level of confidence before the interview panel.
4. On the day of interview the candidate should try to maintain a friendly gestures towards all the persons present in the company like receptionist, executives etc. as the evaluation process starts from the moment you enter the company.
5. He should try to have a positive body language that includes the facial expressions, eye-contact, hand movements etc.
6. The candidate should try his best to prove his suitability for the job. He should make keen efforts to market his skills.
7. The candidate should try to speak at a slow pace but at a high pitch that would improve the confidence and the pronunciation of the words.
8. The candidate should try to carry a professional folder that should hold his credentials, important documents, notepad etc.
9. The candidate should ask some of the pre prepared question from the interviewer that shows his keenness towards the job and the company.
10. The candidate even at the time of leaving after the interview should give professional hand shake and a deep impact that you are quite enthusiastic in joining the company.
Some mistakes that need to be avoided during Job interviews
The candidate needs to avoid some mistakes during the interview sessions:
1. The candidate should not be late on the day. Make pre planning to reach the venue well before time as first impression is the last impression.
2. He should keep away all the sources of distraction such as cell phones on a silent mode.
3. He should not take the interview round casually but should be well versed about in and out of the company.
4. He should try to make a professional and firm handshake instead of any timid hand shake.
5. The candidate should avoid any wrong body language like crossing the arms that may send wrong signals to the interviewer.
6. He should avoid over friendly nature with the interviewer and try to make a professional distance with the interviewer.
7. The candidate should not be under dressed and over dressed. The candidate should have well professional attire with properly maintained hair and a properly cut nails.
8. The candidate should not express the gratitude or over whelming behavior after the interview as it is not the professional behavior.
Thus going by in a balanced way, the candidates can try to prepare well and give a confident shot in the interview session to fit in the category of most eligible candidate.
Interview is the stage of selection in which the interviewer tries to find the most eligible candidate for the job through a predefined selection process. The candidate needs to make some preparations before hand to clear the interview and get hold of the job. Some pre research about the company, preparing on the expected questions, practicing are the ways to become ready for the day.
On the day the candidate should plan everything well in advance and reach the venue before time to give a positive impact. He should try to maintain a professional attitude and body language throughout the process and give best to influence the interviewer about his suitability for the job.