English Communication at work place
English has become the official language for many companies. It is most widely used medium of communication in all areas ranging from politics, business, education, services etc. it is used as a language for international communications. Thus knowledge of English in today’s scenario is of utmost importance. The use of the language at work place has many benefits like:
Confused? Let us help you!
1. Building trust with colleagues and clients: Today is the era of globalization. The businesses are not just limited to one state or territory. They are breaking the boundaries and spreading fast across the borders. So a company has branches across different areas. In such a case English is used as the language of communication across international borders. Hence the clients and colleagues are from different language speaking areas. By using English as a mode of communication the company can build a line of trust with the colleagues and the clients.
2. Building and improving international relationships: By using English as the language of communication the companies can better understand the needs of the customers. There can be free flow of ideas with the international customers if the official language is widely used by the employees too. This way they can build far better relations with the international clients too.
3. Better understanding the cross cultures: If the employees have a comfort level in conversing in English, then they can better understand the cultures of other countries where they are operating the business or plan to start new operations. This way a better understanding of the cross cultures helps in understanding the new markets and spread the areas of business.
4. Enhancing skill set and command higher salary: the employees speaking English can command higher skill set during the period of service and hence a higher salary and growth opportunities.
Employees who are fluent in English command have an edge over the employees who are not comfortable with the language. Thus in this era of cut throat competition, the employees need to be continuously working on improving the skill sets.
5. Helping the company to succeed: the Company where the employees are quite expressive and fluent in speaking and written English has an edge over the company where there is not an efficient English speaking environment. This way the company can get a large share of business and increase its market standing as compared to its competitors.
6. Most of internet knowledge is in English: Most of the knowledge available on the internet is in English. So the employees who have knowledge of the language can better surf the available information and put it in practical use.
7. Helps in creating harmonious relations: The use of English as a language helps in creating a clear communication process without any barriers to the communication process. A clear and specific good English communication helps in creating harmonious relations in the company.
8. Proficiency required for writing mails, reports: the proficiency is of utmost importance when one has to write mails, reports etc. that form an important part of a professional life.
Thus we have seen that an English speaking environment has become a necessity in today’s competitive world. Some jobs like BPO’s , KPO’s recruit people based on their English speaking skills only as they have to interact with the international as well as national clients.
Having English speaking environment at the work places has become the necessity of the day as today the business are breaking the boundaries and moving to foreign lands. Since all the foreign lands have different culture and language so some official language or medium of communication need to be adopted to make the process effective and integrated.
So here comes the requirement of English as a means of communicating with the international clients and suppliers. It makes the internationally spread countries into a small world. Hence having a professional English speaking environment is the need of hour.