SSC CGL Preparation
BOOST YOUR CAREER WITH WIZMANTRA’s CGL MODULE
SSC CGL 2017
SSC CGL, an acronym for Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level examination and this is conducted annually for various government posts in India. Preparing for this examination can be pretty tricky as there are numerous topics to be covered in a relatively less time. In this module, we make you to be prepared for all possible aspects of examination challenges.
- preliminary examination
- Main examination
- Descriptive paper test.
SSC CGL Syllabus & Preparation
A preliminary examination is based on multiple choice questions consisting of 100 questions and 200 marks each question carrying equivalent marks. has a duration of 60 minutes and is divided into the following sections:
• General Intelligence and Reasoning
• General Awareness
• Quantitative Aptitude
• English Comprehension
Let us now see how to prepare for each section before getting any further:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
• The more you practice this section, the better you will get.
• Start with puzzles, series based questions, analogy, and coding-decoding.
• Revise as much s you can.
• Take online mock tests on a daily basis and know where you stand.
• Aim at spending not more than 15 minutes on this section.
General Awareness for SSC CGL preparation
• You must know the current affairs of the past 12 months minimum.
• Read newspaper daily. This will also help you in English comprehension as well.
• Start with science, polity, and geography.
•This is the section where you have to use your memory the most and brain the least.
• Study Lucent book of General Knowledge.
• Your preparation should be such that you dedicate only 10 minutes to this section.
• Memorise all the important formulae.
• Start with easy chapters like simplification, average, percentage, etc.
• Do take mock tests on a daily basis for this section especially.
• Study RS Agrawal on Quantitative Aptitude thoroughly.
• Prepare in a way that you do not have to give more than 20 minutes to this section.
• Get your base strong by clearing all the concepts of grammar.
• Study Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
• Learn at least 10 new words daily.
• Apart from reading newspapers, read good books, and magazines.
• You must be prepared to dedicate no more than 15 minutes to this section.
The main examination is also based on multiple choice questions. There are four sections in this examination. The maximum marks obtained for each section is 200.
The duration of this examination is 120 minutes for each section and the sections are as follows:
• Quantitive Ability
• English Language and Comprehension
• General Studies (Finance and Economics)
The first two sections are for everyone who has cleared preliminary exams here as the next two sections are for the candidates who applied for special posts.
Preparing for the Main SSC CGL examination
Once you clear the preliminary examination, you must get ready for mains as soon as possible. The main examination needs you to prepare in much more detailed and precise way. The syllabus has some minor distinctions but now you would require a much better knowledge of each of the sections.
There is a third level of examination which is a description based paper and can be attempted in English or Hindi. This basically includes Essay, Precise and letter writing. This basically requires you to have an impeccable command over the language you choose to write.
Moreover, this examination is relatively new and is conducted instead of an interview that used to be conducted after clearing the main examination.
SSC CGL examinations are conducted on a national level and thousands of graduates appear in this test which makes the competition very tough. But with consistency and the right approach, any candidate can crack it.